Tuesday, December 12, 2006

This is sooo silly, but....

OK, so you know how "google" has become a verb, as in, "to google ones' self" (sp?)? Well, months ago I did it with my full name and the only thing that came up was a UW page. My name wasn't on the googled part, either. You had to search for it, and I got bored before I found it. I was relieved, actually, because it is kind of a creepy phenomenon. But I figured, hey, what if I just use my first name? Well, I hit page 7, some youngun's page cam up a lot, and, of course the famous climber, George H. L. Mallory, who disappeared on Mt. Everest. I didn't know that they had found his body until I tried this search. Yep, they found Mr. Mallory in 1999. But, I digress. Wrong Mallory, right? Right! Because I am Miss Mallory Teacher! a.k.a., Mallory-My-Lass (mi-loh-ri-meh-lass, as Dad says, anyway), a.k.a., Mulray, as Teri says. Or, as Pat coined, Telephone Pole.....oh, wait, I digress yet again. Mallory. Yup, that's me. The Mallory that needs to go on a yarn diet Even though the sock yarn that arrived today was sooooo lovely, but until I learn to knit socks, and have some knitted socks, and maybe gift some knitted socks, I need to go a on a sock yarn diet. Worsted and bulky weight are A-OK, since, as per an earlier post, I think I may be knitting a new baby blanket. Oooh, off topic tangent-I am good at that, aren't I?

Were was I? Mallory, that's right! Mallory! So, the entire original point of this post was to write my name: Mallory a post on my blog and see if it makes a difference, even though it is not in the name of my blog. So, l please pardon my momentary vanity. After all, when was the last time you saw me with earrings, a necklace, make up and a skirt-or even a fancy non-skirted get up all at once? Long time, eh? So, I guess I don't think of myself as particularly vain, except maybe in a minor way about being reasonably smart.

So, this is Mallory signing off to see if she can get her big bro Jay's chat handle to work properly, and to, oh, google herself-by first name only, mind you! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo, lil sis! I blogged your (first) name and didn't come up with your blog...bummer. Then I blogged my own name (Teri Stanley) and was delighted to see a range of things: online tutorials I designed at SEA several years ago with Pat Harcourt, photos from the Enterprise regarding Luseals move from the WH Aquarium to Buttonwood Zoo, and the infamous Art of the News show with Dan & Ellen...plus a bunch of stuff regarding other Teri's that I know nothing about. Once I googled Stiley in hopes of finding an email for Kay and got Pat Stiley's name on a legalize pot website...no surprise there...

Anonymous said...

I googled myself and found out I am the protagonist of a mystery series! Really!