Saturday, December 02, 2006

I've Been Promising Pictures

First, Thanksgiving pictures.

Manuel, Eddie, and Jane (L to R). Manuel lives in Gwanju. He is Eddie's fiance. Eddie is the teacher that came to Sahmyuk after me. They are both mellow, cool people. He's a kiwi, she's from the States. Jane is one of the korean English teachers and she's easy to get along with. She is my standing translotor for the hairstylist, and we always have lots of laughs when we hang out together. She's all good with it when I am goofy and silly.


Kristy, Canadian, teaches at a hagwon in Wonju, in the Lotte Cinema area. For me that is a walk and bus ride or a walk and a cab ride away. We went to Seoul today, actually, and I was with her when she bought this shirt awhile back. Joseph's amazing technicolor coat-can you say drama major, y'all?



Charles, one of the Sahmyuk teachers, looking thoughtful. He has been here for 5 years, has a girlfriend who speaks no English, and is an all around cool guy. Easy to work with and fun to have around.



Ok, finally, me, with straight hair when I actually took the time to make it look nice.



I promised proof that I went to the Seoul Stich and Bitch. Here it is. I was in the same neigborhood today with Kristy during part of our time in town today. I plan to go again this month, at least once.



And, of course, the yarn I ordered from handpaintedyarn.com. Very nice, for the most part. It's basically Manos, only cheaper. If you don't knit, you don't get it, I don't need to explain. It is designated to become a blanket (The multi at the bottom may become part of a pair os felted slippers if I can find a pattern-ideas welcome). The green on the far right was a gift that was thown in with my order. I will order merino for next to the skin stuff. Some of the colors are just amazing. Again, if you are not a knitter (crocheter)......then you must be family and you know I'm crazy. Yarrrrrn. Yum. I confess, I bought sock yarn from Ebay. I haven't even knit a real sock yet! Guess I better bust out the needles, eh?

2 comments:

spinndiva said...

OOOOooooohhh lookie ! All the yarn!!! I will have to come and help you knitt it up ;)
Love the hair growing out now! looks realy sweet! Sending Hugs!

spinndiva said...

FUZZY FEEEEEEEEEET for the felted slippers!!!! I have some and they are GRRRRRREAT! ;)
( sorry forgott to mention it the first post around ;) )