Wednesday, December 13, 2006

No Dice

...on the Mallory thing. I found sn obit that makes me wonder if they are family. I wonder if there is a polite way, using good ettiquette to find out if peop;le area distant relation. I sill consider.

Received 2 pacjkages today. Betreen mom and Teri, I have the motherlode of antacids, so no worries there. Sweet. Teri, thankfully your actual present was wrapped and remains so to heighten anticipation. There appears to have been a last minute substitution in a package. Yarn that I specifically remember giving away has made its way back to me, whilst some lovely much anticipated lace yarn has disappeared into the great yarn black hole. I ave given up on it's ever escaping the velocity and strength of said black hole. Teri, if you do not mind, if my sock yarn, which tends to be thicker, is not a proper substitute (I have been waiting since August with three patterns for said yarn), I will simply reorder it and have it sent to you and you can send it directly, as I do not anticipate a large and import tax alarm bell ringing rate to ensue from said order.

Some purply pinky stuff that I do not recall ordering has also appeared. Maybe they are sending small reminder gifts? Don't know. BTW Teri, please do not send any more knitpick catalogues-they are for the purposes of selling only and od not have any nifty patterns included. I wouldn't want to spend money on a catalogue I can peruse online. But I greatly appreciate the thought. Th antibac gels are appreciated greatly. Since soap and paper towels are so scarce (not even available for teachers at my "prestigous" (tonge-in-cheek) school, antibacs are very nice to have. I try to wash were the foreign teachers keep soap, but since we have only cold water, it is not the most pleasant experience.

On Saturday I hope to go to Namdaemun market and the largest Alpha chain store I have heard of so that my friend Rhonda can get some drawing charcoal, we hope. Since it is but a stop away, I hope to go to Dongdaemun to get blankie and bag yarn. I am so bad, and must knit like my life and livelihiid depend on it over vacation to warrant such expendtitures. Not that I haven't ensured very nice deals and mat share as a after christmas I can never get it to you in time present.

"K, I am tired and had a weird day, so I will sign off for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, packages arrived, I'm glad they made it!!! I am sure you are as well. Let me know what if anything is missing....Love you, B