Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Knitly News

Still working on my Skully sweater that will have no Skullies, so I can wear it whilst teaching. I also finish a no pattern scarf with my Manos Stria cotton, just so I made something with it finally. Nothing terribly impressive, I just did a basketweave with garter on all edges



Top one shows how it looks close up, the patterning, such as it is, and th bottom the overall look. And, yes, that lavendar lushy plushness is a throw blanket I knit from some poly-yes poly-goodness I bought here in Korea. It is sooo soft and nice. Rather thick, too. Not super warm, but, did I say plushy goodness?


















Next up, I hope, finish Skully, some socks (my first, basic pattern ideas welcome-I may try the 2 needle idea on knitty now-does this creat bulkiness or problems where sewn up?), and a blanket with the wool from handpaintedyarn.com. Scroll down for pics of that and of the Seoul SNB.

3 comments:

spinndiva said...

yayyy for lavender poly plushness.... LOVE IT
and the scarf too

Anonymous said...

Oooo the day I had...will gladly kick Korean ass over phones, internet, or anything else for that matter. Can I kick 'em for Enterprise bull*@+!? And for G's "I quit smoking and am a royal pain in the ass" attitude that never goes away?

Love the knitty ditties...hope one might come my way...I've thought about sending yarn...it's always on sale over at Job Lot, but not sure it's anything you'd want. Whaddayasay?

Sent your Christmas package Saturday morning via Priority Air. They said it should arrive in about 10 days or so...figured you could use a pick me up sooner rather than later. I think I'll pass on the ship via ship...takes too long.

Oh, and I'm sorry but will be nixing all phonecalls. Costs me a bloody fortune! This month's phone bill was $100 again! (2 calls to Korea.) Sorry kiddo...

Well, I hope you check your notes soon and realize I've written! Glad you're well. Keep me in your prayers...I'm felling "postal."

Love, Teri

Anonymous said...

p.s. I LOVE the hair! It's worth the work! :) And enjoy the pix. Keep 'em coming! (I'll do my best to take more and send some your way).
Love,T.