Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Six months

Six months today. In a way, my time so far in Korea seems to have moved at a snail's pace, but looking back, it seems to have gone by so quickly. Of course, the mostly downtime of the last six weeks (excluding last week and the week before, where I actually put in O.T.) has gone quickly. It stinks that most of my downtime happens when it is so friggin' cold. But, since the school is not properly heated, it has its advatages. I haven't kept the shoebox properly heated either, but I can always jump under the covers or take a long hot shower. I'm sure my long showers are partly to blame for my last whopper of a utility bill-that I and I actually let the temp go up to 17 or even 18 upon occasion. Not lately, tho. I think my house is colder than Mom ever kept our house. Of course, I am a lot more susceptible tothe cold than I used to be. Sixteen degrees is......60.8 degrees Fahrenheit...yeah, colder than Mom's, fo' sho'. I have to get the school to move me somewhere that isn't LPG-too expensive!

Six months.....wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy oh point five anniversary!

You have GOT to get a better place! Heating will be expensive anywhere, though. I seem to be lucky to have neighbors who crank the heat––must be Koreans. The temp here never goes below 19 even when the heat's off.

See you tomorrow!