Saturday, February 03, 2007

Imagine This Scenario

Mallory Teacher: " Goo morning, childwen."
Children (giggling): Goo morning, Miss Mallory Teacher!"
M.T.: "How ahh you (sounding like the true Bostonian she isn't)?"
C.: "I'm fine," and a few, "teacher talking funny, hehe."
M.T.: Ahh you weady to get stahted?"
At this point the highest level girls will begin giggling uncontrollably.
Ever curious, never shy male student with great English raises hand and says, without waiting," Teacher?"
M.T.: "Yes, Wyan?"
Half the class giggles. The 2 lowest level students have quizzical expressions.
Ryan: "Teacher, why do you sound funny?"
M.T.: "Because my wisdom toof hurts, Wyan."
Ryan, looking interesting and ready to crack up: "Wisdom toof?"
M.T."No, 'toof, Wyan, toof....Errr......(trying to pronounce what should be 'sah-rahng-nee' or 'love tooth' in Korean)
"......Sahwangnee...."
Everyone sitting in an orange child sized chair at an undersized desk starts laughing and hooting. This goes on for a while, until Mallory Teacher gives a teacherly glare and says,
M.T.: "Fingahs on lipssss!" Before she can put her on finger on her lips she starts laughing until it hurts her toof.

Yep, the next 2 weeks should be interesting. It hurts A LOT and I'm really nervous about getting it pulled, since I have never had anything but a cleaning. Ah, well. My coworker went to the same place in December. As long as I can find some one to go with me so that some one can actually pronunce the destination to and fro to the cab driver, I am sure I will be OK. Without that, all will be lost!

3 comments:

spinndiva said...

ooooooooooooohhhhh. so sowwy to hear about yout toof!
and congrats to the 6 month anniversary!!! and by the way: I am back online... go check out my blog!

Anonymous said...

Poor you! I know how much wisdom teeth can hurt, and I won't scare you with the stories of getting them pulled ;)

Enjoy the milkshakes!

*Hugs*

gourdongirl said...

Ooooooooooooooooh, I hate dentists. Hope all goes well with the toof!