Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm tired. And silly. Haven't played with photobooth since resurrecting The Lifeline (aka, my computer).

After looking at this I realized, "Look, Ma, no arms!" I'm sick. Hehe. There's lots happening, but I'm pretty tired today, for no good reason. Met the new teacher, seems like a nice guy. He's from Texas, and I know any time I talk to him for 10 minutes, I'm going to get my southern twang back. Apparently, his wife speaks English quite well, so I am looking forward to meeting her as well.

........

Doorbell rang it was Anna. She is always bringing me up goodies she's cooked. I am a terrible cook, so I don't reciprocate (at least not with food-I try to keep her in mind for other things). Tonight's offering was noodles in cream sauce. Smells good. My last good meal before I get the tooth yanked! ;) R&A have said I ought not eat in the morning, though the doctor didn't mention it. But then again, his English (and my Korean) made it easy to miss a few things. Can you tell I am nervous?

Anna was nice enough to offer to go with me. A good thing, too, because I forgot to have Halla U. written down so that I could hand it to the cab driver. Can you imagine if I tried to tell a taxi driver in Korean where to go after having a tooth extracted? As if I don't mangle the language enough, right?

So, I think I will enjoy this and then try my hand at knitting the socks once again. I have cast the darn things on about 8 times. Lorna's Laces Shepherd sport in Aslan. I'm using 2's and despite my best efforts, I keep messing up the increases (the pattern is toe up gauge free by Stasia that I got off a website recommended by some folks at Knitty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you move to your new place I would be happy to give you some cooking tips, recipes, etc. It ain't brain surgery, dong ma?

spinndiva said...

SOCKS ROCK!!!!
Keep at it.. mmmmh lorna's lace...
hope you eel better soon...

spinndiva said...

Mal. Look what I made out of the Sari Silk you gave me...
http://whatgivesblog.blogspot.com/
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

LaBean said...

OOh yuck.. toothy gone. And in a foreign place no less. Many good wishes to you. MMM toe up LL socks.. LL socks PERIOD. a nice thing to soothe the knitting soul.