Thursday, January 18, 2007

Skull-less Skully is done!

The basic pattern is Skully from Stitch and Bitch. I did not add any Skulls because I need to be able to look teacherly at school. This is my second sweater, and it is warmer than most sweaters I could get in Korea. Unfortunately, it is already showing some wear after I've worn it only twice. Advice is welcome. Can I wash with dish soap, as wool wash does not exist here, or should I Ebay myself some wool wash? It is Knitpicks Sierra, 70% wool and 30% angora (slightly scratchy, so I need to wear something under it. The shape of the neckline really limits what looks nice.) Will reblocking help?

Anyway, I am fairly pleased with myself. Pardon the lack of a photographer. The color is most accurate in the shot of me wearing it. I modified the pattern slightly. The arms can be a bit of a hassle under a coat, but dang it's warm. Whatcha think?


5 comments:

Faerynuff said...

It looks great!

I handwash all my knits in fabric softener/conditioner. No detergent at ll.

Batty said...

Definitely a good look for work (though you may want to make another one with the skull...). It fits you very well, and the color is great. I particularly like the garter stitch cuffs. For some reason, I never thought to do that. So much more interesting to have sleeves that flare slightly rather than sleeves with ribbing at the wrists.

picperfic said...

it does look lovely...such a lot of hard work too! Are you managing to get up early for work ok? Not something I enjoy doing either!

Anonymous said...

Nice! If you come up on Sunday, you'll have to wear it. I especially like the bell sleeves–tres goth.

spinndiva said...

ooooh love the scully!!!