Friday, January 19, 2007

Sci-fi, Death and Taxes, Oh My!

Week one of immersion camp down. Too bad I have to get up early tomorrow. I get frustrated when I think about how few hours some people have to work, if at all. I try not to think about it too much. If I could sleep in more, I would not be so bothered about it. But, I have been managing to drag myself out of bed, at least. I can only hope that I have a better schedule next semester. It could make all the difference, truly. I must admit, I am entirely too dependant on being able to get enough sleep. Clearly, I must not be able to get enough, or I would be able to ramble on about something a bit more interesting, at least. But, as usual, if you know me well, you know how much of a difference it makes for me.

I am having a heck of a time keeping a schedule. That, and I am going through Stargate withdrawal. Finished a season, and the new program I am trying is taking forever with the next season. As soon as it is done, I am going back to my old program.

Guess I need to bust out some Firefly, so I can get my Sci-fi fix. As much as I like BBC's Hustle, it ain't shiny with big guns, fast flying machinnes, and has no weapons or machines with names like phasers, lassiters, or flux capacitors (sp?), and there are no time paradoxes, black holes, or scientists plotting to blow up suns in order to get out of the latest impossible fix-and look damn good doing it (hey, even the patches on Mal's brown coat just make him look cooler). How American can I be? Ooh, yeah, and Mickey and Danny aren't as drool worthy as Simon Tam. And what can I say-I've had a thing for Richard Dean Anderson ever since MacGyver, and Ben Browder since Crighton first sling shot into a galaxy far far away. Nevertheless, for those of you back home, I recommend the Brit show Hustle. It was playing on AMC, despite the fact that it is not American, nor movie, nor classic. Good grift, though.

Stay tunes for scenes of our next episode....Our intrepid heroine tries to untangle the impossibly labrinthine tangle known as the American tax system. One of the most popular characters, Bridget, returns, to help our heroine-will she be in time before Mal implodes, causing devastation thoughout HallaVersity that could reach as far as the Heungeop Nebula in the B31.34 galaxy?

No comments: