Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Yes, I have been remiss. No, I haven't forgotten any of you. Have you forgotten me? I hope not. I had a very busy last half of my "vacation." I went to Seoul and rocked out with Robin (yes, I meant it, get it? Rockin' Robin, and yes, that was Uncle Mal's favorite tune.) We drank too much, had lots of fun, saw skinny dancing korean girls at Hooters-yes, I know. But it was funny, I swear. The food sucked, the beer sucked, and the dancing was hilarious in that it was, well, I dance better. That's sayin' something. Pictures to follow, when I get to it.

I also moved. There are bugs here. Ick. Most are hopefully dead or afraid of me. I cleaned like crazy. It STILL need to be cleaned more. My bleach needs to do it's part. Some stuff needs to go. The TV is pointless. The broken desk it sits upon is pointless. You should see my kitchen shelves. They are so HIGH. If I were taller, OK, but I am taller than 90% of the population of this country, and I need a chair to reach the third shelf. The second shelf is marginally usable. Nut, I have a bigger fridge. I am missing the dryer at Halla. I love being able to walk to school. One of my best friends lives right around the corner.

I have been trying to do lesson plans, but they keep having school dinners. And meetings, and meetings, and meetings. I keep getting sidetracked due to an apartment that needs cleaning. Oh, and I hate doing year long lesson plans. Hate it. If, like Rob, I had 2 books (those books are so thin, too, Rob!) I could plan in no time. But I have a multitude of heavy books. Did I mention I hate doing lesson plans? They never work, and once I do them, I hate getting told that they aren't right. If they tell me that, I will say, well, this is how I understand them, and if you would like to change the format, go ahead! That'sgoing to have to be that. You should see the daily lesson plans that Kristy puts together, the other second grade teacher. Crazy long and involved. They're really nice, and she said it is cool that the ones I give her won't be like that. :)

Well, I guess I should plan a lesson, huh? More later y'all. An oh yeah, my first sock is still coming along. Like the leasson plans (because of them?) it has been slow going lately, thanks to so many other things needing my attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had our first day of teaching today--one class, read 'em the riot act and sent them out to buy the books and coursepack. Had lunch in the cafeteria, did a little work in my office, went home, took nap. Oh, I'm sooo exhausted!

Hee, hee, hee . . .

Yeah, ok, I've got three tomorrow. 9am to 4:30, including office hours, ick. I work sooo hard, whine!

spinndiva said...

YAYYYYY for an update!!!! I was missing you lady!!!
It sounds like your vacation was FUN.. I would love to see the dancing part...( I am no Fred Astairs or what was her name, Ginger something... so I should not say anything!
Good to hear from you! Now go and make a plan!!!
Hugs!

gourdongirl said...

Welcome back, been missin ya! Sounds like you enjoyed your vacation.......Now back to work!