Sunday, November 05, 2006

Seoul?

Thinking about going to Seoul tomorrow. I have Monday off, so I would have time to recover. It would be just me, I think. I have emailed a friend to tell her I would be in town and if I go I will try to find the Seoul Stitch and Bitch and find some knitters. Hung out with Kristy today and she ended up buying some knitting needles. From listening to her talk I'd say she knows her stuff and can teach me a few things. We get along pretty well and I feel pretty comfortable around her and she still hangs with me after my crappy weekend last weekend, so that's a good sign.

Losts of thoughts running through my head. First, I should get some pix up to make my blog more interesting because that is what most people like. Viola.









































Yes, some one lives there. Maintainence seems to be a foreign concept here. You just use a building until it falls apart, ignore rust, holes, etc, then eventually build a new onw. If it is an apartment building, it looks exactly the same as the old one. Originality is not a big thing here.



Farmers dry their stuff out on the street. It's weird to me. Also, documenting the changes as fall comes. It's a strange fall, though. It is November 4th and I swear it hit at least 55 degrees today. If not warmer. I had a tank top and a light zip sweater on. Which reminds me of the things I wish I brought. More clothes. Anna said it would not be too tough to find wintery stuff here, but I don't like korean styles and I find shopping exhausting and frustrating here, even more so than at home. Wish list: Tums, please send me tums. I get occasional heartburn for reasons I cannot figure out. I wish I had my down comforter, but I bought a soft blanket in the downtown shijang today by Rodeodoree (Rodeo Drive-ain't even close, y'all!) with Kristy. Added it on top of everything else and added the plastic stuff you can cover your windows with that I bought from Costco. I added it last nitght and there is not enough space on top for it to stich, so it came part way off. I just stuck it to the window for now. It'll help some. See, my school put us out where they can save a bundle but it costs us more in bus fare and we have LPG for heat. Propane. It costs a lot more than whatever they use closer to town. Ah well.


I just like this one.






No comments: