Sunday, November 12, 2006

Browncoats Unite!

Hey Robin, thanks for stopping by. Love the Serenity -ahem-cross stitch (duh). For those of you who don't know, robin is a kick ass chick I met at the Seoul SnB last Sunday (pix to follow) who is quite accomplished and exxxtremely patient at errrr.....cross stich. Not the least of which because supplies are in even shorter supply for her than for us knitters out there. She had a great Serenity (yes, it's....) cross stich which I can not rave about enough. Look forward to seeing you again soon! I will try to make to next weeks SnB if I have the energy for the round trip. By the time I got back to the bus station after our dinner, Robin, it was 8 o'clock and the buses were booked until 9.45! will have to find out if I can buy my return ticket upon arrival and then make sure that I can get there on time.

Glad to hear Steph is getting the help she needs. I have been there, in my own way, and I am glad that she has the support network that she needs. It was more than I had, and Steph, honey, make the most of it. Just because people don't know what you are going through, doesn't mean you don't mean the world to them. Call me whenever, ok? I wish I could be there, for whatever help I might be able to give, or at least understanding. Also, kiddo, remember that just because some people's experience is a bit different, that doesn't mean that they don't have a really good idea about how you feel. It may be for different reasons, but we often end up in the same kind of head space. Be proactive, don't settle, and find the right person for you to help you, Just because they have you see one person, if it doesn't feel right, well it just ain't right. Been there, done that, and found the most wonderful woman to help me. Sometimes I wish I could still talk to her.

Heaven knows, Korea ain't easy and sometimes I could use some guidance. But, it is after midnight here, and I have cast on a scarf out of utter disgust for the prices that koreans will charge each other for items. Labor is cheap here, but stuff is not. If htey sent it to the US they would have to charge LESS in the hopes of getting people to buy it. I really wish I could go to H and M at the mall and get the inexpensive gloves they have-about 3 pairs, and a few scarves at their near unbeatable prices, some of them are pretty stylish too!

Nite y'all, gotta do come garter stich and crash, and mourn the fact that next week is the half season finale for Battlestar Galactica. That show rocks!

Ciao for now,

Mallory a.ka. 'Style

ps, Robin, does your site allow for comments and if so how?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mallory! Just saw this post. Thanks for the compliments re: my stitching *whispers: it's cross-stitch, not needlepoint!*

Adam Baldwin's new show premiered last night in the States. I'm downloading it via BitTorrent right now. Can't wait to check it out.

Yeah, it's SNB time again! Time flies and I haven't done stitch one on the new project! *blush* Do come up on Sunday! Remember, Chris' going away dinner at Petra after! And I think my friend Laura will be coming this time.