Wednesday, November 15, 2006

p.s.

I cast on a boatload of stiches tofinally make a scarf out of the manos cotton stria I have becasue the majority of clothing here is hideous and outrageously expensive. Koreans seem to think nothing of ripping each other off. Send the same cheaply made stuff to the US and they woulld get half the price...oh, wait, a lot of it just wouldn't sell. Not fashioable where I am from.

Can you say horizontal stripes aren't flattering? Well say it five times fast in Korean!!! Ugh, I hate the clothes here. And they are clearly made poorly and are too thin too keep you warm...especially since heat in the school is too much to ask for, along with soap (I kid you not) a towel or anything to dry just rinsed (can't call 'em washed) hands on, or even toilet paper!


Yes, toilet paper. Ladies, travel in Korea sans toilet paper at your own risk. I hope it doesn't get cold enough for my butt to freeze to the toilet in the unheated bathroom. Don't get me started on the fact the kids think there is "no air" if you close the windows between the bathroom and the unheated hallway. Ugh. I close them, the co-teacher opens them. I will have to tell her that when it is my class, that just won't do. Then have a sceince leson to explain to the kids that they won't asphixiate. The things that I hear.......oh, wait, I was going to bed to sulk!

2 comments:

spinndiva said...

sorry was off line and then suuuuuuper buissy!
hehehe no air when you close the door... well every so often when my son comes out of the bathroom I think there will be no breathabla air in my house ;)
hang in there Girl!
The card I wrote for you promised me that it will go to the mailbox next week.I have been trying to get it to go but you know how these cards are nowadays... no respect!tststs...

Anonymous said...

haha, i really appreciate your humorous writing style