Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Trackbacks.

Will someone please 'splain this to me? I click to trackback, thinkin' I can link to my site somethin' cool, ya know? Nothing happens. What are they and how do you make them work? I wanted to trackback to Sade's blog and nothin' doin'. Grrr.

BTW: thanks to Robin (yes, it IS your fault :) Resistance is futile) I now have a twitter site:

http://twitter.com/Malcontent

Just because, you know, I needed another website to keep up along with my facebook account and this one.

Hehehehe.

Well, no, I am in Korea so, it's kekekekeke. One of my kids said this in my 7th period extra class on Monday. I got the giggles. Dorky goofy giggles. Kekekekekeke. He's so l337 and he doesn't even know it! You should see this kid, too. He's really grown on me. He sometimes gets this "I'm a wee bit evil and adorable" smile on his face sometimes, like when he kekekeke'd. He didn't know what he did that was so funny, so that made it even better. Anyway, imagine Teacher having a giggle fit in front of 11 slightly bemused children (cuz you KNOW that never happens to me, right?!) whose grasp on English is tenuous at best.

"Teacher, wheh?"

Giggle. Faces chalkboard.

"Teacherrrrrrrrrrr...wheh-guh-rae?"

Turns back. "Paul's silly." Giggle, smile.....lightly, "Kekekeke."

Class continues.

3 comments:

spinndiva said...

sorry, could never figure out those things myself...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone needs a vacation!

And, I never did know what Trackbacks were. Try Wikipedia.

One thing about twitter, you can watch your friends go mad, one tweet at a time. Go friend Leann and you'll see what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I just saw the post about trackbakcs. Tracback is a way to know who links to certain posts and in what context. So if say, you linked to any post from my blog, I'd get a comment/tracback in mine, saying what site linket to it, and a small paragraph surrounding the link.

The trackback shows up in my blog's comments, and if you click there, you see if there is any. But to link to my blog, just use the link to the post.

*hugs*