Tuesday, June 26, 2007

KT saga continues

KT, the Krappy Korean inTerneT company does not have hold music when you call the Engrishee hep-uh line. No, but they do need someone to check the translation, instead of using Babelfish, or a person with equally poor skillz.

Diall 100, press 8 for Engrishee, press 1 for anything not related to repair.

Hold. Listening to the following, mostly in seemingly random order:

"The line is busy."

"Now is on another inquired call."

"Connection is delayed."

"It is a lot of inquiring call now."

"One moment please. Please wait for a while."

I used to wonder what the heck someone was thinking naming a brand called "Ask Inquired" here (repetitively redundant, anyone?). But they seem to use the word inquire very differently and thus translate it strangely. Hmm, is that (inquiring call now) a present progressive used as an adjective? I get my perfects and progressives mixed up until I look them up-and sometimes I still do!

Anyway, this all came about because KT sent me another bill-yes, another one-for service at the old place that I moved out of 4 months ago! I called and was bumped to the pleasant English speaking womanin Seoul that I have spoken to all along, and she called the Wonju office (no English speakers there) and they said they had not turned it off and promised to do so-again. No explanation as to why. Idioterna. Yep, you can guess what that means. We'll see if they actually get around to it.

Eddie, who has been kind enough to bring the bills to me, moves out of that building at the end of next month, I believe. I don't care about my credit here, perse, but what if I move again?

No comments: