Friday, June 29, 2007

I Had to Do it.

I broke down. I couldn't take it anymore. It was getting to me, wearing me down, day after friggin' monsoonal day. It was just too much, I tell you. Everybody else was cool with it, why not me, right? So, yeah, I had to do it....I bought an air conditioner, or, "Aeh-Kon" today.

My friend Chris drove me to a part of town where he had looked before. He couldn't find the store he had been to, but the one we stopped at had more used ACs to choose from. So, it was less than a new AC and the price included installation, boring the hole through the wall, etc. I talked them down by 20 bucks. Yeah, not much, but I think (just my opinion, mind you) that waegookins have less bargaining power.

Chris' Korean is definitely better (even if his wife wasn't Korean, he spends a lot more time studying than I do) so he asked the when, etc. But initially I asked for 20,000 won less and the woman said no. She went and talked to the guy in the shop, and when she came back, she didn't say yes or no. I basically showed her the money I had in an envelope and Chris said this is what I had-point being that that was all I had. Since I never spend all my cash, it was close enough. It was an effective bargaining technique.

It will be easier to hang out in my apartment and get stuff done now, although I really need to get a better desk. This isn't an actual desk and it is too tall to work at comfortably. But I waited this long to get AC!.......

1 comment:

spinndiva said...

YAYYY for AC... my husband envies you! we do have sort of AC but it doesn't work right... it actually freezes over and then it stops cooling....go figure....