Monday, March 17, 2008

Guess I should come in for my monthly check up, huh? Yeah, I definitely don't have as much blogging time on my hands. That's OK, I'm keeping plenty busy. Thanks for all the birthday well wishes, all. I had a lovely, mellow birthday weekend. Saturday was dinner with friends, Sunday was lunch with Azza. I got breakfast cooked for me both days. Not bad, huh?

The actual school work is going pretty smoothly. Things with the school......leopards don't change their spots, right? Thankfully theere are other things that make up for it! We have some new teachers at the school. Meredith is a lovely Canadian with attitide for miles. So, yes, we get along fabulously. The school FINALLY hired some non-North American teachers, which I think is good for the kids. I really think that they need to realize how much more broad the English speaking community is, world wide. Speaking of world...it cracked me up when tons of the kids spelled the "world" as "wold"

See, my new English co-teacher is Ian, an Australian who has started teaching at the school with his partner, Vanessa. The are a lovely couple from Australia. As a matter of fact, they lived for the last two years on the Gold Coast, Azza's home town. They are as laid back as Azz and so far teaching with Ian has been easy and enjoyable. Vanessa is teaching 1st grade with Edvish.

And, because pica always make posts better:
Chris came out of hiding to join us for dinner, and get Edvish talking. Aaron and I posed for a few pics, then it was time for Meredith and I.



1 comment:

Robin Hudson said...

So, I missed your birthday, eh? Sorry! I'll but you a cocktail next time you're in Seoul!