Saturday, July 14, 2007

Off for more PT. Yesterday they had to stop the black monster early. Usually it doesn't hurt a whole heck of a lot, but it "pulled" further than usual-strtching my back. Stretching the back feels good, but the chiro saw the look on my face due to the ache that starts up in the hip area. Ugh. It's weird, the pain isn't extreme or anything, just persistent. I hope that this heals up soon. I have no idea how long I'll be doing this.

I met the doctor's wife yesterday, my student's mom. She was nice, but it was one of those awkward moments of obligatory talk when you don't know someone at all and have no idea what you have in common (besides Anna, of course). So, it was the usual how are you's, Anna says she like's Mallory Teacher, Anna's a great student, blah blah until an appropriate amount of time has passed that makes it OK to beat a hasty retreat. Sounds worse than it is, but these meetings are often awkward for me. I can never think of the right things to say to parents. It's easier when it's a student I really enjoy and who does well, like Anna. Ideas appreciated to help me with future awkward moments!

No comments: