Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pictures


So the pictures at the bottom, below Jay, from bottom up are: Me and Dana at dinner at Red Robin with a bunch of friends, Suzzallo Library at the UW, a picture of Jay, Dad and me in front of the Macbook with one of the effects, and Ralph and Anna out on the town one evening in Wonju. I can't remember what we were doing that night, though it no doubt involved some dinner.

So, here's the deal. I left for Washington, stayed with Dana while she partied away for a couple of days, then went to Spokane and saw Pat (left). This is the two of us in his room. I missed im an awful lot, but seeing what is going on in his life makes me very sad. I love him very much, and I want my little big bro to be happy. Clearly, he is not.

Jay arrived at the airport the next day. We all hung out for a bit, then we went to try to see the kids, but Marianne would not let that happen. I left the book I bought last november for thier Christmas present with Pat to try to give to them. I have never had an address to send it to. I cried about that one, I'll tell you that right up front. I miss those kids and I wanted to see them. I haven't been to the west coast in 4 years. There are a lot of things I have been missing.

Killer Washington brew is one of them. Yep, coffee and beer. Make that Coffee and Beer Ooooh, man. I had frappacino mix commin' out my ears by the time I left. I had a great stout from a microbrewery at a waterfront restaraunt with Gini.

But I digress. Back to a more linear story. Jay and I decided we wanted to stay with Dad from the day Jay arrived in Spokane. I had stayed with Pat for one night, but his digs a kinda weird. So, we met up with Dad at the Spokane house, which, last I heard, is under agreement for sale this month. He has completed the purchade of a place in Montana since I left the country, and is now the proud owner of a hydroponic tomato farm in need of some serious work.

We went straigh up to the lake house so that all could cool off. The air cools more there, and it was 100 degree weather (still cooler than the 106 that was rtegular in Wenatchee) and we could jump in the lake, too. Jay and I did that every day.






Well, there is plenty more to tell, but the macbook is getting hot on my legs. Time to cool it off by putting in front of the fan asnd watching a movie. I will try to get some more pics on tomorrow, y'all.

2 comments:

spinndiva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
spinndiva said...

WOHOOOO !
So, who is the Dude with no shirt on?