Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Creativity

For a while during our travels, I was able to soak up so many new and beautiful things that my creativity urge felt mostly fulfilled. Since arriving in Australia, and having a lot more down time, that hasn't really been the case. I was able to get some new and interesting books by australian creative types that I may not have been able to find in American libraries at all, but I have had no idea where to go to find supplies, and fully aware that I would have been unable to use a lot up in the time I had, and no place to work, in any case. {Wow, long run on sentence, that one} So, tomorrow I leave Australia and my urge to create SOMETHING is driving me nuts. I won't really be able to work in the US due to time and space constraints, or the first week in ROK due to the same problem. I really hope we end up with a space that gives me some creative space-and fu space for my sweetie too. First on the agenda is not creative, per-se, but is making something. A blankie for the next addition due to join the ever expanding Stiley clan. Then, I'm thinking I need to learn to crochet. My friend Jen has made some of the most amazing items, though she has years of experience. Then....and then.....and then......

No comments: